Monday, December 22, 2008

WTF, people?!

Alright, this ain't gonna be nothin' nice and polished 'cuz I'm all sorts of livid. Here's the subject of my rant: the mistreatment of animals. I was watching me a little CNN this morning and I caught a headline scrolling across the bottom of the screen that read something like the following - 'Pets abandoned by owners as recession worsens'. #$%@!!! Really? Human beings actually justify abandoning their pets, legitimate members of their family, because of financial difficulty? I hate to be the bearer of harsh news but EVERYBODY is feeling the pinch, as it were. When times are tough, we are all forced to cut back on expenses but our common sense should dictate the priority of these cutbacks. I realize I can't understand every situation but I feel certain that the average jackass that arrives at this conclusion smokes 2 packs a day, drinks a case/bottle of their favorite adult beverage and/or spends a significant portion of their income on NASCAR memorabilia from the online store - and I'm just raggin' on the hillbilly sort. I'm sure that's just 1 among the many types of shit-for-brains that can't seem to prioritize the only individual being that gives them 100% unconditional love. Way to show you care, you despicable villains.

I've spent the better part of my life with pets and although I recently surrendered a pet of my own, I made damn sure she was taken by a responsible, loving family that feels compelled to give me periodic updates on her progress, despite my regret for the decision. I would never consider abandoning a pet for any reason in the world and it makes me sad and ill to know that there are many that send their furry friends out into the cruel, disgusting world. People, there are better options. I would love to chat with anyone that has made this decision so I can give you a reason or two why you're wasting OUR precious oxygen and other resources. Nothing gets deeper under my skin than this practice. The only silver lining is that I now have the desire to adopt a pet, something I now realize I should have done rather than acquiring a puppy during a very tumultuous time in my life. Hey, I'm no angel but I'm far from the devil - yeah, you know who you are. Hang your sorry heads in shame, assuming you feel any remorse. If you feel nothing of the kind, chances are, nothing I say can elicit any such emotion from you. That's enough from me, I've made my point. God be with the animals out there without someone to love them.Message

5 Comments:

Blogger Goofy McWanker said...

As a sidenote, I feel it necessary to point out that I'm not necessarily attacking pet owners that suffer the loss of a job, etc. and turn their pets over to another owner or shelter - I realize the situation can be out of their control. I'm referring to those individuals that actually leave the pet behind - actually abandoning the animal to fend for themselves. This is what peeves me.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Rest assured that if my pennies were pinched harder than roaches (you know the kind I mean....), I would be giving up my driving luxury and fast-food runs in order to keep food in Brown-Eyebrows' chubby belly. I'm with you- let's start a mob!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Goofy McWanker said...

It was the thought of Brown Eyebrows that fueled my passion for this - I know you'd never abondon her but the thought of adorably innocent animals left behind kills me. Sometimes, mob justice is the only justice!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

I'm SO with you. Speaking of Brown Eyebrows, she has starting actually enjoying the snow a little more than usual. It's freaking adorable! (Though she is scared of the snow shovel.)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Brent Festge said...

What if you have a chicken for a pet and you decide to fry it and eat it? Is that the same?

I think people who don't have jobs are lazy assholes. And retired people too. And people whose job is testing video games. I hate those bastards.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home